Saturday, May 12, 2018

Reading spot

Since starting third grade, Biscuit has really started to read a lot. Fiction and non-fiction alike.

He has to read 30 minutes at school, and he has to read 30 minutes at home each evening. And I'm so glad he's started enjoying it because I would hate to have to nag him to do it. I've also tried to make sure we have books he's interested. I've had really good luck finding good prices at different places and ordering used books online.

One evening, Biscuit said he was having a hard time concentrating on reading in his head, and I suggested that he find a place where he could concentrate.

Here was his solution. He got in Jeff's chair with his book and a flashlight and threw MY blanket over his head (It even has Linus saying, "If you touch this blanket, you'll regret it for the rest of your life!). He read longer than he was supposed to, so I guess I shouldn't complain.

No comments: