Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Anniversary gifts for me

So I complained in the last post about not getting to enjoy Jeff's anniversary gift with him, but he had something entirely different to deal with this year.

About a week before our anniversary, Jeff told Biscuit about our upcoming occasion.

"Hey, boy," Jeff said, "do you know that mom and I will have our 15th anniversary at the end of this week?"

Biscuit thought for a minute and said, "I know I wasn't there, but can I get in on this?"

And the reason my sweet boy wanted to get in on it was because he LOVES buying me presents. Jeff had already picked out a present for me, but he indulged Biscuit.

Jeff told him that he would take him shopping at my favorite kitchen store. He picked out a couple of nice silicone gadgets and two wooden spoons (one with a K on it and one with an M on it).

Then as he and Jeff walked around the store, he saw something that intrigued him.

"Whoa," he said, "what is that?!"

"That is a kitchen torch," Jeff told him.

"What do you use it for?" Biscuit asked.

"Do you remember the chocolate creme brulee you had at the beach?" Jeff asked.

"You mean the delicious chocolate pudding we had at that restaurant?" Biscuit asked.

"Yes," Jeff said. "These torches are used to make the crunchy crust on top of them. Remember how Mom told you to use the back of your spoon to crack it before you ate it?"

"Well, we HAVE to get one of these for her!" Biscuit said.

So I also have a brand-new kitchen torch. I've never had one, so I'm excited about using it. You can caramelize sugar on creme brulee or any other kind of dessert. You can toast a cheese topping on casseroles and other dishes. And Biscuit was excited to learn that you can also toast marshmallows with it, too.

Even though I won't get to go to the concert, I have some cool new toys to play with.

No comments: