Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Biscuit's practice

Biscuit has a couple of piano competitions coming up, so he's prac- prac- practicing!

Mama always said my face turned red when I would make a mistake when I was playing. I'd be sitting up there at the piano during a church service, hit a wrong note and feel my face get SO hot.

Mama said, "Nobody would know you messed up half the time if you could keep your face from turning red."

I couldn't stop it.

When Biscuit makes a mistake, he always wants to stop and start over. But at the competitions, you can't start over. You just have to keep playing.

He's been doing better with it, but unlike me, when he messes up, his face shows nothing.

I shot a couple of videos of him practicing. He couldn't find the end of the second song, and when he got done, I said, "Do you want to do it again?"

And he said, "Well, I'm kind of embarrassed."

Which I KNEW he would say.

And I told him I would make sure to let everybody know he is still working on the songs and doesn't have them perfected yet.

So with that in mind, here's Biscuit.

 


No comments: