Saturday, April 1, 2017

April Fool's!

I told Jeff this morning that we needed to play an April Fool's Day joke on Biscuit. And since today was his first baseball game of the season, we had a perfect opportunity.

Biscuit's game was at 2 p.m. this afternoon, but at about 10:20 a.m., Biscuit and I were in the living room and Jeff was in the kitchen.

"Hey, Jeff," I hollered. "What time is his baseball game today?"

"I don't know," Jeff said. "Let me check the schedule."

So Jeff grabbed his phone to check the schedule, but then he got a worried look on his face.

"Dude!" Jeff said. "Coach sent a message that your game was changed to 10 a.m.!"

"What time is it now?" Biscuit asked, starting to get a bit anxious.

"It's 10:20!" Jeff said.

"Oh no!" Biscuit said, and he jumped up from playing and basically started almost running in circles.

"Quick!" Jeff said. "Let's get upstairs and get you dressed."

"But I'm already missing the game," Biscuit said.

So Jeff and Biscuit hurried up the stairs, and Biscuit stripped off his clothes.

Jeff started opening drawers like he was looking for Biscuit's baseball clothes, and then he stopped and said, "Dude, what day is it?"

"What?" Biscuit asked.

"Look at your calendar," I hollered.

"You have GOT to be kidding me," Biscuit yelled.

We all had a good laugh, and thankfully, Biscuit is old enough now to be in on the joke and even appreciate our efforts.

No comments: