Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Spring break

Biscuit is with my parents for Spring Break, and Jeff and I don't know what to do with ourselves!

For starters, I haven't cooked in a few days. We've eaten out or scrounged around for leftovers or whatever we find.

We've also slept until 8:30 both work days this week. Seeing as we're usually up at 6, that's down right luxurious for us.

I called to talk to Biscuit yesterday, and I could tell there were lots of things he'd rather be doing than talking to me on the phone.

He's really hit or miss about talking on the phone. Some days, you can't shut him up, and some days, he just can't be bothered. And when he wants to end a phone conversation, he'll say, "Well, it's been nice talking to you." And then he finished the conversation with "Love you, bye."

So when I talked to him yesterday, we were chatting about what he had been doing, and he said, "Well, it's been nice talking to ..." 

And before he could finish his sentence, I said, "No, no, no. We're not done talking yet."

And he replied (with no enthusiasm at all!), "Oh, okay."

So I asked him a bunch of questions about what he'd been doing, and he told me. Then I asked him questions about what he'd been eating, and he told me. 

And then I heard the voice and realized why he didn't want to talk to me anymore. My nephew was there. And there is nobody in the world to Biscuit like my nephew. So I let Biscuit off the hook and told him I'd talk to him later.

And he said, "It was nice talking to you. I love you. Bye." And that was that.

No comments: