Sunday, April 24, 2016

Again?!

It seems like every two weeks, I can write a post about Biscuit being sick. That is not the topic I want to be writing about!

The poor kid had strep throat, then two weeks later, he had Flu A. Two week after that, he had strep throat again. And now, he's getting over Flu B!

The first-graders put on a cute musical show Thursday evening, and by the time we got home, he said he wasn't feeling well. I reached up to feel his forehead, and he was hot. The second sign is if his cheeks are hot, too. And they were.

He had a 103 fever. And the thing I thought was, "Not again!"

It's bad enough that we have to pay a $30 copay every time we have to take him to the doctor. And it's not any better that he's missed a ton of school this year. But the poor kid just deserved to have a break!

We've been to several doctors in our pediatrics practice, and they assure us that it's normal. I'd be worried about his immune system, but the fact that his body is making fevers proves that it's trying to fight off illness.

I now have full access to my work stuff at home, which was a blessing Friday. The only problem was that poor Biscuit was feeling bad, and he just wanted to be held and snuggled.

It seemed like I would get some work done, then he would crawl off the couch and come to my rocking chair.


It is impossible to use a computer with a kid taking up your entire lap. And did I mention that the blanket he's using is hot?!

Luckily, nothing I had to do for work Friday was pressing. So I worked when I could and held him when he asked. 

Biscuit had to miss his baseball game Saturday and a play date Sunday. And I've slowly but surely done my work stuff throughout the weekend.

The good news is that he didn't have a fever at all today, so that's the sign that we can send him back to school. His teacher has been really understanding and has helped make sure he hasn't gotten behind. I hope our luck with good teachers holds out!

Let's just all say a prayer and cross our fingers that this poor child can get a break from germs and cooties!

No comments: