Monday, April 6, 2015

Out of the mouth of my babe, grandparents edition

A few things Biscuit has said lately.

Catch of the day: Biscuit tells me that he's having a great time at his grandparents' house. He's hunted eggs, played baseball, played basketball, shot pool, watched TV and caught three fish (two Sunday and one today, including a catfish).

"Mom, do you know how I caught those fish?" Biscuit asked.

"How?" I asked.

"With a cricket," he said. "Those fishes LOVE crickets."

I asked him if he was going to eat any of them, but he said they put them back in the water.

"Mom, I didn't touch the first one," Biscuit said. "But I did touch the second one."

"How did it feel?" I asked. "Well, it was wet ... and it was ... um ... gooey."

"That's a good word for it," I told him.

After they fished yesterday, they went back inside just in time for dinner.

"You smell like fish," Biscuit's aunt told him. "Go wash your hands."

"Fish don't stink," Biscuit said. "They take a bath in that water all the time."

While his logic was good, it didn't fly. He had to go wash his hands before dinner.

Here's a picture of Biscuit with one of his fish.



What's for lunch? I asked Mama how Biscuit has been eating, and she gave me a rundown. 

It sounds like he might be headed for another growth spurt because he's been packing away the food. He's not much of a snacker, but he's making up for it at dinner. One night, he had three tacos. Then for lunch the next day, he ate two and a half slices of pizza. 

For dinner Sunday, my brother cooked out hamburgers for everybody, and Biscuit ate a whole hamburger plus two servings of shells and cheese.

Well, Mama said "shells and cheese" and Biscuit said, "Actually, Grandmama, where I live, we call it 'mac and cheese.'"

"And today for lunch, he had PB&J," Mama said.

"Actually Grandmama, I had PBJC&T," Biscuit said.

"What?" Mama asked.

"You know, PBJC&T," Biscuit said, like it should be as plain as the nose on her face. "Peanut butter and jelly and chips and tea."


Play ball: Biscuit told me all about how he and his cousin played baseball this afternoon.

Except, at one point, the ball slipped, and it hit Biscuit in the midriff.

"Mom, that ball hit me in the belly, and it made my belly go in some, and it bothered my digestive system a little bit," Biscuit said. "But don't worry, it's all better now."

No comments: