Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Out of the mouth of my babe

Since I've been posting so infrequently lately, the funny things Biscuit has been saying have piled up on me.

So ... here are a few more things Biscuit has said recently.


No respect: I said something last week that I thought was quite funny.

"I KILL me!" I said to Griffin and Jeff, waiting for a reaction, but not getting one. "Did you hear me, Griffin? Do I kill you, too?"

And in the most serious voice ever, Biscuit said, "Yeah, it bursted me out with laughter."

I don't know if he can define sarcasm, but he certainly knows how to use it!


Icky stuff: "Mom, you know when you get up in the morning and sometimes you have that stuff in your eyes?" Biscuit asked.

"Yeah, what about it?" I asked.

"I think it looks like mashed potatoes," Biscuit said.

Yep. Icky stuff!


Checking out the veggies: We were in the produce department of the grocery store this evening, and Biscuit was asking questions about the things he didn't recognize.

I picked up a zucchini and put it in the buggy.

"Mom, is that a cucumber?" Biscuit asked.

"No, this is a zucchini," I said. "The cucumbers are over there." And I pointed to them.

"Well, what are those things under-beneath the cucumbers?" Biscuit asked.

I wanted to make sure I heard him right. "What did you say?" I asked.

"I wanted to know what those things under-beneath the cucumbers are," Biscuit said. 
He was pointing to those big, long English cucumbers.

I explained about the different kinds of cucumbers, but secretly, I was just trying to get him to say "under-beneath" again.

No comments: