Saturday, July 19, 2014

Out of the mouth of my babe

A few things Biscuit has said recently:


A new job: When Biscuit is playing, everyone in the house gets a character or an assignment. And you never know what you're going to get.

Last night, he decided that he and his imaginary brother Monty would have a race on their horses. Biscuit's is a stick horse named Randy.

So Biscuit hopped on Randy and stood at the doorway between the living room and dining room. And I'm just assuming Monty and Monty's horse, Johnny, were standing at the starting line, too.

"Mom, you're the on-your-marker," Biscuit said.

"The what?!" I asked.


"You know, the one who says, 'On your mark, get set, go,'" Biscuit explained.

"That seems doable," I said. "Get on the line, and get ready to go."

"Okay, I'm ready," Biscuit said.

"On your mark, get set, GO!" I said.

"Good job, Mom," Biscuit said, then he took off galloping.


Saving the memories: Nobody would be surprised to know that I took a thousand pictures on our Disney trip. And I wanted to make an album of some kind for Biscuit.

I thought about creating a photo book, but I knew it would cost a fortune to include all the pictures I wanted to use. Once I get a good coupon or find a deal, I might go back and do one of the fancy books.

But I wanted to do something just for Biscuit. Something that wouldn't be completely ruined if he got too rough with it.

So I found these albums that hold 100 photos each. I filled up one and came just short of filling up the other!


I gave them to Biscuit when he got home from his two weeks at his grandparents' house.

"Mom! I love them!" Biscuit said. And it made me feel really good that he was excited. "These photo albums will help me remember Disney World FOREVER! ... Well, these albums and all the commercials I see on TV."

I'm so glad I could be at least part of his memory helper.

No comments: