Thursday, June 26, 2014

A little R and R

I just finished working for the evening. Yep, it's 12:11 a.m. There's just something wrong about having to work more than 12 hours in a day just to be able to take off a couple of days!

Of course, I'm up to my eyeballs in two projects and my regular workload, so that could explain the long hours, too.

But we're leaving tomorrow for our annual mountain trip with my side of the family.

I just got Biscuit's clothes packed, but Jeff and I are still doing laundry. I hope that once we get our stuff packed and get on the road, we'll be able to leave behind the grind of work.

Biscuit seems to be very excited about our trip. Jeff and I aren't quite there yet.

We have a house in a valley with a pretty stream running through the yard. There are 10 beds, just enough for everybody. It has all the modern amenities I love and the grill and firepit my brother loves.

Around here, people go to the mountains in the summer more than the winter. It's a little bit cooler than the beach, plus you don't have to worry about driving in the snow!

I still have some graduation stories, photos and videos to share. Plus, several other things. So hopefully, I can get caught up.

But until then, here's a slideshow of the house we're renting this weekend.

Pretty mountain scenery, here we come!


No comments: