Monday, June 23, 2014

He's baaaaack!

Biscuit has told us tons of stories about his time with his grandparents, uncle, aunt and cousins.

As a matter of fact, when I talked to him Friday morning, he said, "Mom, has it been 12 days already? Do I have to come home now?"

Not "Do I GET to come home," but "Do I HAVE to come home."

My side of the family is going on our annual mountain trip Thursday, so it won't even be a full week before he sees them again. And he did seem happy to see Jeff and me. But I could tell he was sad leaving his people, too.

We meet at a restaurant just off the interstate to make the hand-off.



We didn't get home until 11:30 p.m. Friday, so we pretty much went straight to bed.

I was worried because my Mama and Biscuit slept in the guest bedroom at their house. That's where we always sleep when we visit, so Mama thought Biscuit would be more comfortable in a familiar room.

But here, Biscuit's room is upstairs, and mine and Jeff's room is downstairs.

He was so tired Friday night that it wasn't an issue. He just crashed. But Saturday night, he stalled and stalled and stalled his bed time. And then he wanted to know if one of us would sleep with him.

I assured him that he was back safe and sound in his own bed, and that all his stuffed animals were standing guard around him. He finally gave in. I'm not sure what time he fell asleep, but he came down to our room about 8 a.m. I was just getting up, and he seemed a little disoriented. I told him to go to the bathroom, then come back and climb in bed with Jeff and me.

He did, and next thing I know, Biscuit was laying ACROSS our bed.

The king took over our king!


Good thing Jeff and I were ready to get up!

Biscuit was in desperate need of a haircut, so we took him to a new place, just for kids. He was pretty excited when I showed him that they get to sit in cars while they have their hair done.



It's crazy because they pick between a regular chair or one of three car chairs, then the stylists let them pick a movie to watch while their getting their hair cut. I guess it keeps the kids preoccupied so they sit still.

They gave him a balloon and let him choose a piece of candy before we left. The haircut didn't cost any more than the regular barber shop, and I think she did a great job, so we'll probably go back next time he needs a trim.

After his haircut, we went out for lunch, then to a few other stores to do our regular shopping and to pick up a few things for our mountain trip.

Biscuit spent Saturday afternoon with a friend at a bounce house (pictures and a video to come), then we went to a summer solstice celebration yesterday evening. So with that and our outing today, his weekend was pretty busy.

He heads back to day care tomorrow after two weeks off. Tomorrow is their last day before their graduation. Can you picture 5-year-olds in caps and gowns?! And of course there will be pictures!

No comments: