Sunday, February 10, 2013

What's for dinner?

Jeff, Biscuit and I were on the way to dinner tonight, and Biscuit wanted to know where we were going.

"I can't tell you," I said.

"Is it a secret?" Biscuit asked.

"It's a guessing game," I said. "If you guess where we're going, I'll tell you that you got the right answer."

"Okay," Biscuit said. "Hmmmmm."

He named over a few places, and I kept telling him those places weren't our destination.

Then he said, "What about that restaurant with the man on it?"

"What?" I asked. And Biscuit repeated himself.

"Is there a man on the sign?" I asked Biscuit.

"Yes," he said.

"What do you eat when you go to that restaurant?" I asked him. It felt like my guessing game had turned on me.

"Mom, I have no idea what I ate there," Biscuit said.

"What color is the sign?" I asked him.

"Um, I think it's red," Biscuit said.

Jeff started laughing because he knew which restaurant Biscuit was talking about.

I finally had to give up, and Jeff told me the restaurant Biscuit was talking about was Wendy's.

Really?

First of all, the "man" on the sign is a little red-headed girl with pigtails.

Secondly, I can remember taking Biscuit to Wendy's but maybe three times ever.

The last time Biscuit went there was with Jeff in October. And the only reason they went was because it was across the street from our auto mechanic's place, and Jeff had gone by to check on my car.

We did not go to Wendy's tonight for dinner. We went to a steakhouse and had a very nice evening.

No comments: