Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Out of the mouth of my babe

Here are a few things Biscuit has said recently:


Big-boy breakfast: I made muffins for breakfast last Sunday morning. I put two on Jeff's plate and one on Biscuit's plate.

"Why does Dad get to have two?" Biscuit asked.

"Because Dad's a grownup," I told him.

I walked out of the room, and Biscuit said to Jeff, "Next year, I'll be 5, then 6, then 7, then 8 ... then 20," Biscuit said. "Do you know what happens at 20? At 20, I'm a grownup, and then when Mama makes these muffins, I can have two."


On the range: "Mom, when a bunch of cows run toward you and they stop, that's a herd," Biscuit explained. "But if the cows are running toward you, and they don't stop, that's a stampede."



Teacher ID: Jeff asked Biscuit yesterday evening if he liked his new day care teachers, and Biscuit said he did.

"What are their names?" Jeff asked.

"Um, I don't know," Biscuit said.

Jeff took Biscuit to day care this morning. As they got into Biscuit's room, Jeff stepped over and introduced himself to Biscuit's teacher.

"I'm Jeff, Griffin's dad," Jeff said.

The teacher shook his hand and told Jeff her name.

Biscuit threw his hands up in the air and said, "NOW I know your name!"


Lunchtime: Some people like to eat chicken and waffles. Our kid has a different twist.

We got to day care to pick up Biscuit yesterday, and one of the first things he said was, "MOM! I ate ALL my chicken with chocolate sauce. Are you so proud of me?"

"Yes," I said. "I am very proud of you." And the whole time I'm thinking, "What have they fed this boy that could even slightly resemble chicken with chocolate sauce.

We get a paper every day that tells us some of what they did that day, how long Biscuit slept (they have check boxes for "slept" and "rested quietly." Our boy will never have the "rested quietly" box checked. He likes his nap. The sheet usually tells the topic of the day, like Monday was talking about fruits and veggies. 

Then under the developmental section, it says, "I developed my ..." and then has check boxes for cooperation, independence, self-expression, problem-solving, confidence, team work and helping others. Like for Monday, Biscuit's sheet said, "I shared my opinions with the whole class." (Imagine that!) And the boxes for self-expression and confidence are checked. Yep. Those are two things my boy doesn't have a problem with!

So I picked up his daily info sheet, trying to find out what the heck chicken and chocolate sauce was. I found a note at the bottom of the page that said, "Griffin ate all of his salisbury steak and mashed potatoes." Chicken and chocolate sauce indeed.

No comments: