Friday, February 22, 2013

Biscuit's back!

Jeff and I met my parents this evening after worked and fetched our boy back.

Of course, even after a week, he still insists that he didn't miss us.

"Mom, if you miss somebody, you're sad," Biscuit explained. "And I wasn't sad because I love Grandmama and Papa, too."

My Mama said he didn't once ask about going home or saying he was ready to leave. That's his Daddy in him.

Jeff's Mama tells a story about Jeff's first day of kindergarten, and I've thought of that story several times this week.

They had prepped Jeff for what would happen ... he would get dressed, grab his lunchbox, get on the bus and go to school. So when the bus came, Jeff's Mom opened the door just in time for Jeff to walk out the door, climb the steps of the bus and head off to school.

That's exactly what he was supposed to do, except that he missed the part where he was supposed to say goodbye to his mother and maybe even giving her a hug and kiss. He didn't even look at her once he got on the bus. Eyes forward, he was ready to go.

Jeff says, "I had my instructions. I was ready to go to school. So I went."

And Biscuit did the same thing with my parents.

He says he had a really good time. He also said that he did so many things that he couldn't remember all of them.

As we were getting close to home, Biscuit asked, "What town are we in?"

I told him, and he smiled and said, "HOME SWEET HOME!"

No comments: