Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Valentine's Day

Tomorrow is Valentine's Day, and although Jeff and I aren't huge partakers of the occasion, we wanted to help Biscuit celebrate.

Biscuit's day care if having a V-day party tomorrow, and the kids will trade valentines. Last year, Biscuit and I made valentines for his class. But this year, with everything that's going on right now, that was not an option. So as I was picking up some groceries last week, I saw some Valentine's Day-related fruit snacks with To: and From: labels on the side. I got a box of those and wrote the kids' names in last night. Biscuit put some heart-shaped stickers with googly eyes on the little individually wrapped packages of snacks. And we're good to go.

We did still want to make something for Grandmama and Papa and Grandma and Grandpa.

And by copying a couple of ideas I saw on the Internet (and copying Biscuit's hands), we found something cute and simple.

For the first one, I traced around his hands with his fingers close together. Biscuit loves for me to trace his hands, so doing these was fun for him.



For the other one, I traced his hands with his fingers spread apart. Then I used double-sided tape to stick two fingers down. This hand signal is sign language for "I love you."

Once I finished with the tape, Biscuit wrote some Gs on the cards. He did the second card first. The reason I can tell this is because the letters actually look like Gs. But by the time he got to the second card, Diego was coming on TV, and Biscuit was ready to go watch the animal rescue adventure.



Of course, I don't think either of the grandmothers will care one bit!

No comments: