Saturday, March 19, 2011

I scream, you scream

Up until recently, Mr. Biscuit has not been a fan of ice cream.

I know, I know, who is this child, and what is his problem?!?

I'm not sure if it was the texture or the temperature or the flavor or what, but dude would just take one small bite, make an odd face and say, "Don't like it, Mama."

But times have changed, and Biscuit is starting to give in to the allure of ice cream.

We were walking through the grocery store yesterday, and he looked over and saw the boxes of ice cream cones. "Look, Mom, ice ceam cones," he said. "We have them?"

Biscuit doesn't usually ask for anything in stores, so when he asked for the cones, I had no problem saying, "Sure. We can get some cones, then we'll pick out some ice cream."

"Cool!" he said. "I need chockit." I wanted to say, "Hasn't
everyone needed chocolate at one time or another?!?"

I asked Biscuit tonight if he'd like to have an ice cream cone, and as he g
ave me his answer, he also performed a cute, little dance. "Ice ceam. Ice ceam."

As I handed him the cone, I realized that Biscuit has never eaten an ice cream cone by himself. I started out telling him that I would need to hold the cone while he ate it. Biscuit didn't like that idea.

"I want hold it, Mom," he whined. "I want hold it."


So I figured, what the heck? He did a really good job. There's no chocolate on the floor or furniture. As for Biscuit ... at one point he had c
hocolate all over his mouth, so he wiped his mouth on his forearm. Then he realized that his forearm was sticky and covered in chocolate, so he wiped his forearm on his pants.

Although I wasn't really pleased about him having chocol
ate on his pants, it was pretty funny watching his thought process.

No comments: