Saturday, March 26, 2011

Here comes Peter Cottontail

Apparently, Easter decorations are very cool.

I recently got a good deal on a spring-looking table runner, so I got out the Easter decorations for the dining room table. We have 3 baskets, 1 plastic dish, 1 rabbit-and-egg music box, 5 bunny figurines, 3 stuffed bunnies and 85,000 plastic eggs, including 3 green and tan camouflage eggs (I have no idea where those came from).

Since Biscuit can't reach the top of the dining room table (a good thing), I figured I'd give him something seasonal to play with. I took the plastic dish and filled it up with plastic eggs and set it on the coffee table.

Jeff was in the middle of reading a book to Biscuit, but as soon as the Easter plate of eggs hit the table, Biscuit hopped out of Jeff's lap.

"Dad, look! Eggs! Eggs are So COOO-UHL!!!!"

First of all, wow. I didn't know some simple Easter decorations could cause such excitement. And secondly, since when did he start talking like a 10-year-old ... cooo-uhl? Two syllables? Really?

Oooo. I just realized that he'll probably actually understand hunting Easter eggs this year. Easter egg hunts are SO COOO-UHL!!!

1 comment:

Her Hollyness said...

those camo ones came from me, silly, courtesy of one of k's easter baskets a year or two ago. (: