Wednesday, June 10, 2009

All Ya Gotta Do Is Act Naturally

We have a good morning routine going right now. It actually starts the night before.

Biscuit usually goes to sleep anytime between 8:30 and 10 p.m. And we've figured out that if we wake him up between 10 and 10:30 p.m. and feed him as much of a bottle as he can stay awake to eat, he will usually sleep all the way through until 7 a.m. (okay, sometimes it's 5:30, but still, it's better than having to get up every 3 hours like we did in the beginning!).

Since 7 a.m. seems to be a good wake-up time for him, that's when I get up, too. Here's how it usually goes:
  • 7 a.m. - I get up. (Some days this is a pipe dream, and I have to get up whenever Biscuit wakes me up. But nowadays, more often than not ... knock on wood ... it's about 7 a.m.)
  • 7:10 a.m. - Fix lunch for Jeff and me. Fix Biscuit's bottles. Get the diaper bag packed. Pick out the tasty-yummy-licious baby food flavor Biscuit will have that day for lunch. Then take all the packed-up stuff, including my pocketbook, keys, work ID and cell phone to the car.
  • 7:40 a.m. - Fix Biscuit a bottle and pass it off to Jeff.
  • After that, my part is mostly done. I jump in the shower and get ready for work. (My getting ready is usually interrupted several times, though, because I'll hear Jeff and Biscuit having fun and I'll get jealous and have to go play for a few minutes, too.)
  • By the time I'm ready, Jeff has fed Biscuit, given him a wipedown, changed his diaper, dressed him, brushed his hair, put a bib on him and played with him long enough that he's sleepy again.
We bought a nice digital video camera awhile back to document Biscuit's comings and goings. And no, I haven't transferred any of the videos to our computer yet! (I have some guilt about falling behind on the videos and still camera pictures.)

Anyway, this morning, I asked Jeff if one morning I could videotape him getting Biscuit ready to go to day care, just as a record of our morning routine.

And this was one of those times I love my husband so, so much: He looked at Biscuit, looked back at me and immediately burst into singing Buck Owens ...

"They're gonna put me in the movies.
They're gonna make a big star out of me.
They're gonna put me in the movies.
All I gotta do is act naturally."

1 comment:

Her Hollyness said...

i honestly don't know who i'm more entertained by, your redonk husband or your redonkulously cute bebe. regardless, i love getting the deets on what's going on! (: