Sunday, June 28, 2009

Biscuitville

Biscuit is sitting in his daddy's lap right now drinking a bottle. The TV is on a local channel and a guy just said he wanted to thank the local restaurant Biscuitville for providing food for their meeting.

When Biscuit heard the word "Biscuitville," he jerked his head toward the TV. He now knows his nickname.

Some people like his nickname and some don't. Everybody enjoys the story of how he got his name.

And just for the record, it goes as follows: Jeff is from upstate New York, and I'm from Georgia and South Carolina. When Jeff found out I was pregnant, he said, "Northern women have buns in the oven, but Southern girls gotta have biscuits." So from then on, he called the baby Biscuit.

Someone sent me a link to another Baby Biscuit blog. I haven't read enough of it to know how that baby got the nickname, but when the mom is talking about their house, she calls it Biscuitville. I wonder if she knows it's the name of a small chain of restaurants?

As people heard our story, the name began to stick. Now I think more people call him Biscuit than his real name. I guess he can make the final call once he's old enough.

No comments: