Sunday, June 28, 2009

Mills, Biscuit Mills

Biscuit could've been mistaken for James Bond last night.

He was at a fancy event. He was dressed in a black tuxedo. He had a custom ride. And all the ladies had their eyes on him.
First spy mission? Real tuxedo? Fancy car? Bond girls? None of the above.
We went to a wedding last night at a nice hotel in town. Biscuit wore a black onesie we found online. It had the white outline of a tuxedo on it. We pushed him through the fancy lobby in his stroller. And the the ladies who surrounded him were mostly moms and grandmas. But still, he looked sharp and got a lot of attention.

This was Biscuit's first wedding. I told the bride that we could get a babysitter, but she said we should bring him. He's a pretty laid back little man, so I figured the worst that could happen is that we'd have to leave the ceremony early.

We got to the hotel early and had to hang out in the lobby for a while. Mr. Nosey had to check out every person who walked past him.
For the wedding, they had set up chairs in a pretty little courtyard. I made sure that we sat in the end seats on the last row, just in case we needed to make a quick escape.
A few minutes before the bride and groom were supposed to come into the ceremony, Biscuit got hiccups ... loud hiccups. I was horrified. We were sitting right beside the video camera and all I could think was that the bride was going to watch her video and wouldn't be able to hear her vows for my Biscuit's hiccups!
Everybody around us was laughing, but I was having a hard time finding the humor. Luckily, his hiccups went away right before the bride and groom came out, and he was a perfect gentleman through the whole ceremony.

For the reception, the bride had made place cards for everybody, including one for Biscuit. I fed him his sweet potatoes before our meal even started, and by the time our salads came out, Biscuit was down for the count.
He slept for about an hour and woke up just in time for music and dancing.
But as I lifted him out of his stroller to dance, I realized his tuxedo was a little damp. We went to the bathroom and of course, there was no changing table. So I figured out that I could wedge him in between two of the sinks and if I could get him to lie really still, we could get things taken care of.
He did a great job and was very patient. And by the time I got his diaper open, I realized that he would need a costume change. I have learned that an extra outfit in the diaper bag is a must, so we were covered. We got back into the banquet room just in time for dancing.
Biscuit loves music. We play old Motown songs and dance around the house a lot. So when he heard some music he was used to, he started jumping up and down in my lap. We even got Jeff out on the floor to dance with us one time.
All in all, Biscuit's first formal affair went off without a hitch.

No comments: