Friday, June 29, 2018

Date time

When Biscuit is away, Jeff and I usually go see some movies. But for some reason, this time, it just hasn't worked out.

But that's not to say we haven't had some dates.

We rode to work together Friday in the Barracuda. Then after work, we just started driving. We drove and drove and drove. For an hour-and-a-half. We went through several little towns and were in three different counties.

Jeff said, "Holler if you see somewhere you want to eat dinner."

But I never hollered. I was enjoying riding around better than I would've enjoyed being in a restaurant.

We eventually made our way home and ate leftovers. Riding country roads outweighed a restaurant by far.

Here are some pictures:




I guess our Friday evening ride wasn't enough because Saturday evening, we did it again.

We went to a Japanese steakhouse for dinner. We sat at one of the hibachi tables with four other couples. Our chef was great. He joked around a lot and put on a good show.

Our chef makes an onion volcano.

Then he squirted oil in it and set it on fire.

I sent this picture to my brother and said, "Enjoying a nighttime ride in the Barracuda." He texted me back and said, "You suck. Here I am taking care of your boy, and y'all are out riding around." And I text back, "Well, yeah! Why do you think I sent him down there?!"

Driving through a tunnel was the only place light enough to take a selfie of us.

It's weird how different buildings look at night. 

And you realize that in a regular car, you don't see the tops of buildings and the fancy stonework and trims.

I will neither confirm nor deny that Jeff is walking into a cheesecake shop to get us some dessert.

I'm glad Jeff and I still have fun together.

No comments: