Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Baseball in the rain

Baseball season seems to be dragging on. We've had a lot of rain and a lot of cancelled games.

It stormed yesterday evening, then it looked cloudy when we got up this morning. But by the time we headed to the field, it had cleared up.

Biscuit's games this year are 1 1/2 hours or 6 innings, whichever comes first. At the beginning of the 4th inning, some gray clouds started moving in. Then at the beginning of the 5th inning, the heavens opened, and it poured!

I thought they would immediately stop the game, but there was no thunder and no lightning, so they just let them play.

I always take a huge black umbrella with me for his games. I sunburn easily, but with that umbrella up, I have my own shady spot.

Well today, I had to use it for its intended purpose. And I was glad I had it. It was my turn to bring the post-game snacks and drinks, but when I say that umbrella is huge, I mean it. It completely covered my chair, all of me, including me feet, the cooler bag with the drinks and the tote bag with the snacks.

I asked Biscuit how he liked playing in the rain.

"The rain wasn't so bad," he said, "but I got really cold."

I can believe it. They wear thin polyester shirts and pants, so not a whole lot of coverage.

Biscuit's uniform was pretty clean before the rain, but between the slipperiness and the mud flying from his cleats up onto the back of his pants as he ran, he had quite a splatter pattern.

Here are some pictures:


His hair isn't wet from sweat this time.

Not sure what that crazy look is for.

He said playing baseball in the rain wore him out.



No comments: