Thursday, April 5, 2018

Catching up

Let's get caught up, shall we?

Biscuit has been a busy, busy boy.

He had his second piano competition, his best school friend's birthday party, an Easter trip to the beach, and now, spring break at his grandparents' house.

Firstly, I think he may have learned his lesson at the last piano competition because he practiced and practiced and practiced before the March 24 event.

And it paid off. He got a Superior. He was quite pleased with himself.

Here he is with his certificate:


For Biscuit's treat, he chose a really tasty bakery. Jeff and I each got a slice of cake, and Biscuit got a brownie to eat there and a chocolate chip cookie to take home.

The bakery is busy all the time. We had to stand in a line out the door for our treats. They actually bought out the store next to them to create some dining space. It had some banquettes with tables and chairs, a couple of big couches beside a fireplace, a big dining room-type table and a booth built into a cute little room all its own. That's where we had to sit.








We requested a morning time slot for the competition because Biscuit's best school friend was having his birthday at a local bowling alley. I say "bowling alley," but it's really a bowling alley, laser tag, video game, pizza place.

They had a two-sided chalkboard at the front door to tell partygoers where each part was. Both sides of that board were FULL! And those were just the parties that went until 4 p.m. There was a whole other list to be made after that for the evening parties. The whole place was crazy full of kids — some I liked, some I wanted to shake by the shoulders!

Before you see the pictures, though, I'll tell you that Biscuit almost didn't make it out alive.

We were getting ready to leave, and I saw Biscuit walking toward the door. I assumed he was waiting for us just outside the door. But as Jeff and I walked out to leave, Biscuit was nowhere to be found.

Jeff and I and the birthday-boy's parents and grandparents all scattered out to look for him.

The bathrooms were all the way at the end of the room, so I headed down that way first. And sure enough, just as I arrived, Biscuit was walking out of the men's room.

I grabbed him by the shoulders and did some of that whisper-yelling. You know, keeping my voice down so I wouldn't draw any attention, while at the same time threatening him within an inch of his life if he ever wandered off again without telling somebody!

But I think all the kids had fun. And that includes my big kid — Jeff.






I guess all the drama got to him because Biscuit hadn't been home for an hour before he was sacked out on the couch for a nap.

No comments: