Saturday, April 28, 2018

Boy behavior

I knew Biscuit was a boy before we had the sex-revealing ultrasound. From the time I got pregnant until the day he was born, I only dreamed about boys and men. Except for one dream about my mama before I knew for sure I was pregnant.

And I just had this overwhelming feeling he was a boy.

Now secretly, I was thinking how fun it would be to have a little girl. The things we could do together. The cute dresses. The baby dolls.

But now, I can't imagine not having Legos and Hot Wheels cars.

And of course, he's at the age now where we're getting typical boy behavior. Farts are hilarious. Poop is funny. And those things are fine.

But what drives me crazy is the obnoxious stuff. The random noises. Holy-moley! It makes me want to shake him by the shoulders! He just walks around the house, talking to himself in funny voices and making weird noises. I remember my nephew doing the same thing, but I didn't have to be around him all the time. So I didn't want to shake him quite as badly!

Other things that drive me crazy include:
  • Constantly trying to put bunny ears on people in photos
  • Answering my questions in weird voices
  • Dropping things in the exact place he's done using them
  • Him saying, "I was gonna do that soon," when I remind him to do something, knowing he hadn't even thought about it
  • Making faces at himself in the mirror when he's supposed to be brushing his teeth and getting ready for bed
  • Not understanding that when I say to pick something up, it doesn't mean pick it up and promptly move it to a spot a few feet away
I'm sure I could keep going if I thought about it long enough.

See the rabbit ears on Jeff? By the look on his face, he must have felt them back there.

He does have the capability to be sweet!

No comments: