Thursday, April 26, 2018

Out of the mouth of my babe

A few things Biscuit has said recently:

Ethical career: Biscuit says that he's going to be an inventor when he grows up. He's been saying it for a long time. And he's come up with a few inventions that I wish he could make.

Sometimes he says things like, "When start my invention business, I'm going to tell everyone that if they buy one invention, they'll get one free."

Or "When start my invention business, I'm going to give away a lot of my inventions to people who really, really need them."

I haven't had the heart to tell him that some of his ideas are going to leave him broke!

But then out of nowhere, he turns around and says this, "When I run my invention business, everybody will be paid in equal shares. There will be no pyramid schemes."

What?! How the heck does he even know what a pyramid scheme is?!


Old soul: I've said before that I never knew what the term "old soul" really meant until I met Biscuit. And usually, it's most obvious when he speaks.

He and I were talking about the effect someone's attitude could have on someone else. Like if someone were being disrespectful for no reason.

And his response was, "You know, Mom, that could cause quite a tussle," Biscuit said.

A tussle? Yep. He's an 82-year-old man in a 9-year-old's body.


Mean ol, Daddy Man: While we were at the beach, Jeff and Biscuit were walking in the sand. You're not supposed to mess with the sea grass that's at the edge of the sand. It helps with erosion and other things.

Biscuit was walking back to the hotel for lunch, and he kept getting closer and closer to the grass.

See the swerving tracks right in the middle? That is caused by the wind. But that's not what Jeff told Biscuit!

"Dude," Jeff said to Biscuit, "you need to get away from that grass."

"Why?" Biscuit asked.

Now here's where Jeff could have said, "Well, the grass helps with sand erosion and provides a habitat for some small critters to live in, and it's worst enemy is humans."

But what did Jeff say? "Because those swerving tracks you see there are made by snakes that live in that grass."

Jeff said you should've seen Biscuit's face as he quickly stepped back away from the grass.

"Nah, I'm just teasing, dude," Jeff finally told him.

No comments: