Saturday, March 24, 2018

Out of the mouth of my babe

A few things Biscuit has said recently:

There's a funny pizza commercial out right now where a guy pulls into his driveway with his pizza in his back seat. The ground is covered in snow and ice, and as he gets out of the car, a tree falls across the top of his car.

He's in a panic because he thinks his pizza is ruined. Not because his car is ruined, mind you.

He opens the back door of his car and gets very excited when he sees that his pizza is okay. But as he starts to walk to his house, he loses his footing and drops his pizza topping-side-down into the snow.

The whole ad is to say that if anything happens to your pizza after you pick it up, they'll replace it for free.

My mother-in-law, who says she has a mean streak, laughs and laughs and laughs at the commercial. She thinks it's hilarious.

But Biscuit has some questions.

"Mom, I don't understand this commercial," Biscuit said.

I explained the commercial to him.

"No, I get that part," Biscuit said. "What I don't understand is how does he get back to the pizza store? His car is smashed."

I don't guess the pizza company wants you to think that seriously about it, but leave it to a kid to find a hole in the plan.

No comments: