Sunday, March 11, 2018

Two out of three

I bet if you were to go back to every March since I've been writing this blog, you'd see posts about the fact that I hate basketball.

I don't hate the actual sport. I just hate that it takes Jeff away from Biscuit and me so much early in each year.

Last weekend, he was in Asheville, N.C. This weekend, he was in Norfolk, Va. And this week, he'll be going to Boise, Idaho. And as tournaments go, if the team wins the game on Thursday, they'll have to play again Saturday. But they have a media day Wednesday, which means he flies out on Tuesday.

I hate to root against the home teams here, but as soon as they lose, Jeff gets to come home.

In the meantime ...

One of the tae kwon do studios in town had a deal with Biscuit's school this past week. They came and gave them an hour of lessons each day, then they had a graduation ceremony Saturday. The whole week was $20, and we found out at the graduation event that the studio had donated the money to the school for new P.E. equipment. It ended up being a $2,500 donation.

I guess they make their money when kids get the bug and want to start taking lessons.

Biscuit enjoyed it, although he isn't the most athletic of kids! I'm not sure if he'll want to try it out or not. He'll be playing baseball soon, so we don't want to get him too scheduled.

Part of the graduation ceremony was board breaking. Biscuit's birthday was at a tae kwon do studio this year (I'll have to retro post some photos), and they broke boards with their hands. At this event, they broke boards with their feet.

The woman who has working with Biscuit in the video below is the master trainer at this particular studio. She's from Korea and took lessons from the time she was a kid.

I really liked her body language when she was letting Biscuit know he wasn't showing enough energy!

Check him out:



No comments: