Thursday, March 31, 2016

Out of the mouth of my babe

A few things Biscuit has said recently: 


Summer camp: Believe it or not, we have Biscuit's summer all planned out.

Since there are about 300,000 people in our city, you have to jump on summer camps as soon as they open registration.

Our paper prints an annual guide to summer camps, and that helps us know what's out there. And then there was the option of Biscuit going back to the same camp he went to last year.

That camp included a morning assembly where they sang songs and played games. And they went outside and played games. And they swam in the pool, and then played more games.

At the end of the summer, Biscuit to me and Jeff, "Guys, we might need to pick a different summer camp for me next year."

"You didn't enjoy camp this year?" I asked him.

"Well, I had fun at summer camp, but I didn't learn a thing!" Biscuit said.

Jeff and I had to laugh, but we did find him some different activities for this year. We'll see how it goes.


Good name: When we took Biscuit to the historical museum for the Women's History Month event, he sat down and had a long conversation with the woman who was portraying a Civil War nurse.

They were wrapping up their chat when she said, "By the way, what is your name?"

Biscuit told her his full name, and she smiled and nodded.

"That is a really good and important-sounding name," she said.

"Yeah," Biscuit said. "I get that a lot."

No comments: