Wednesday, March 2, 2016

A book for a birthday

Today is Dr. Seuss' birthday. And honestly, I didn't remember until we were having dinner and Biscuit mentioned it.

"Guys," he said. "Today is Dr. Seuss' birthday, so for my bedtime story, can we read one of his books?"

"Yes," Jeff and I said at the same time.

"Do you have a wocket in your pocket?" Jeff asked him, referring to the book, "There's A Wocket in My Pocket!"

"Daaad!" Biscuit said.

"No wockets," I said. "Let's read 'Oh, the Places You'll Go!"

Biscuit did eeny-meeny-miny-moe, and I won.

Biscuit has his bath, and we took care of his nighttime routine. Then he got dressed for bed.

We walked up to his room, and I tucked him. I went to his bookcase, but I couldn't find the book. It was getting late, so we finally settled on "I Can Read with My Eyes Shut!"

My favorite line from the book is, "The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go."

I gave Biscuit a kiss and wished him a good night.

Then he said, "Mom, if Dr. Seuss hadn't died, I would like to throw him a big party because he did a really nice thing by writing all those books." 

And I agree whole-heartedly.

After all, anyone who would say something like this quote deserves a celebration.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

No comments: