Tuesday, September 16, 2014

The string section

See this picture? Any normal human would say, "Oh yeah, that's the cheese from the edge of the pizza crust."


Is that the answer my Biscuit would give? Of course not.

"Mom, I don't like the strings on my pizza," Biscuit will say. And then he peels off the "strings" and lays them on the side of his plate.

And you know how you will occasionally get a hair in your mouth? Those aren't hairs.

"Mom, I have a string in my mouth," Biscuit will say. "Can you help me get it out?" 

Bananas have strings. Quesadillas have strings. Grilled cheese sandwiches can have strings. Oranges and clementines have strings. And Biscuit will not eat the strings!

And speaking of strings ... I was trying to find some things for Biscuit's lunch box.

"Do you like string cheese?" I asked him.

"Ew. No." Biscuit said. "Mom, I don't think it's even real cheese."

"What do you mean?" I asked him.

"Well, it tastes sort of like cheese," he said. "... But get this ... you can pull it off ... in STRINGS! Can you believe that?"

Remember that movie where the woman had the issue with the wire hangers?

Well Biscuit's line would be, "NO MORE STRINGS EVER!"

No comments: