Monday, September 22, 2014

Friend time and date night

We had a crazy busy weekend!

Saturday, I met a friend downtown to celebrate her birthday. We started at one end of the main street and walked, shopped and ate our way down one side, crossed over and came back up the other side. We got there at 10 a.m. and left about 5:30 p.m. It was a full day!

Jeff and Biscuit were riding around in the Barracuda when I called to say I was heading home. So I met them at the park. Jeff and I got to catch up and hold down a bench while Biscuit ran and played and ran and played some more.

Then Sunday, two of our friends came over and hung out with Biscuit while Jeff and I had a date night.

Sadly, our date night started with a visitation at a funeral home. We didn't know the deceased, but we know his sister. So we wanted to go pay our respects. Certainly not the usual way to start a date, but it was an important thing to do.

Someone said to me fairly recently, "I HATE going to the funeral home and to funerals, so I just don't go."

And this might sound harsh, but I wanted to say back, "It ain't about you and how you feel. It's about being respectful and doing the right thing whether it makes you uncomfortable or not."

Anyway, after the funeral home, we went to a nice Italian restaurant for dinner. And whaddya know, after dinner a big slice of Carnegie Deli cheesecake found its way onto our table!

We left the restaurant and headed downtown for a concert. I bought the tickets as a surprise for Jeff when I found out the singer was coming to town. The last time we saw him, we had to drive an hour and a half away.

The concert was longer than we told our babysitting friends, so we were a little worried about the time. We hurried out of the theater after the show, and I actually turned my ankle while trying to send a text and walk at the same time! Good thing I wasn't chewing gum, too!

While Jeff and I were gone, Biscuit was on a treasure hunt.

Our friends like to go geocaching. It's where you use a phone app to track down "treasures." A box or other container will be filled trinkets and a notebook. You can take a prize and leave a new prize then sign your name saying you were there. And Biscuit went on three hunts.

Here are some pictures they took:

Biscuit told me all about their adventure on the way to school this morning. I think he had a good time.

So I think except for the babysitters having a later night than they thought they would, the weekend was a win-win for everybody.

No comments: