Tuesday, January 14, 2014

He's got my back

Biscuit and I were on our own tonight. Jeff had a work assignment.

We have a local girl in this year's Winter Olympics, and Jeff has spent a lot of time writing about her. She's a speed skater now, but when she was a kid, she was an inline roller skater. So Jeff went tonight to talk to her old coach and some of the kids who are learning to skate at her old stomping grounds. It must be exciting for those kids to know that she started off the same as them, and now she's an Olympic athlete.

Jeff has spent some time with her family and has had nothing but good things to say about them. He said they're just really nice people who have worked really hard to help their daughter get to where she is. It can't have been cheap, and they're not rich people. But that's what good parents will do to help their kids.

Anyway, Biscuit and I had to run a couple of errands, then I let him choose our dinner destination.

I finished eating before Biscuit did, so I turned my phone where we both could see it and started scrolling through the pictures and videos. We laughed so hard at a couple of them, the man sitting at the table in front of us turned around to look at us. We had a great time together.

As we were leaving, my sweet boy made his best efforts to ensure the protection of my back.

No comments: