Sunday, January 5, 2014

A play date

We got an invitation from some friends to go to a local bounce house yesterday. They have a son who's four months younger than Biscuit, and the boys play well together.

The other mom and I found a place to sit down and talk, and we left the dads in charge of wrangling the boys. Of course, there isn't much wrangling to do at those places, just lay eyes on the kids every once in a while.


Love the humped-up hair against that netting.


I didn't have my camera with me, so I took these with
my cellphone. I wasn't even looking at Biscuit when I
took this one, and I didn't crop it. I stuck my arm behind
the netting and just hit the button. Pretty cool, huh?



There's a local pizza place a few doors down from the bounce house, so when the boys were tired, we walked down for dinner.

I didn't realize it until later, but I think the green-eyed monster reared its head at the restaurant. I don't get to see the other boy that often, so I was talking with him and cutting up with him, and I don't think Biscuit liked it.

Biscuit wasn't being bad, but he was doing little annoying things like sliding way down in his chair and turning his legs around sideways in his chair, then whining because he couldn't get them back under the table. He was pulling on my arm and trying to get my attention while I was talking to the other boy. 

I scolded him because I honestly didn't realize what the problem was. He was flat-out jealous of me paying attention to the other boy.

When we left the restaurant, we ran into Jeff's boss, and while we were talking, I turned around and Biscuit was nowhere in sight. Within a couple of seconds I saw his shadow. He was standing behind a column. I played it cool at that moment, but he got a big fat lecture when we got to the car.

I guess in the future I'll have to be more sensitive about jealousy issues when other kids are around.

No comments: