Wednesday, September 18, 2013

More stuff to do

The errands continue.

I mentioned that Jeff and I went to the eyeglass store yesterday evening. What I didn't mention was that when I tried to use my flexible health spending debit card, it was declined.

I was so frustrated. Our benefits changed back in May after our company was bought out, but I haven't needed to use the card for anything. So of course when I try, it won't work.

I called the benefits people today, and they informed me that according to their records, I haven't worked at the paper since March 31.

Really?

First of all, we didn't even have those benefits on March 31. Second of all, Friday is my 14th anniversary at the paper, and if they knew how much work I've been doing lately, there would be no question about my employment.

So I asked them what I needed to do to prove that I'm still employed. You know what they said? It'll take at least five business days for them to get the information they need to prove that I'm still employed.

Again I say, really?

I told her that my glasses were picked out, measured and awaiting payment, and the store will only hold them for 24 hours. She said to pay for them, and they would reimburse me. I didn't want to do that, but as bad as my old glasses were, and the fact that I had already done all the picking out and measuring, I caved and did it.

Jeff and I went back at lunch today and paid for my glasses. They said they'd be ready this evening, so we went back to pick them up. Jeff decided he would pick some out while we were there, so poor Biscuit was stuck in the eyeglasses store for the second night in a row.

Thank goodness for games on my phone!

As we left the store, I said to Biscuit, "You did a good job being patient in the store this evening."

"It's no big deal, Mom," Biscuit said. "You know why?"

"Why?" I asked.

"Because there were no bad guys in there," Biscuit said.

Bad guys or no bad guys, I picked up my new glasses (which Biscuit said he liked a lot), Jeff ordered his new glasses, and Biscuit was more patient that I thought he'd be.

And hopefully, we're done with the errands for a little while.

No comments: