Saturday, September 14, 2013

A music man

Jeff, Biscuit and I ran errands this evening. I needed to pick up some pictures at one store and buy a couple of things at another store in the same shopping center.

We came up with a plan. I would drop Jeff off at the store that had the pictures. Then Biscuit and I would go to the other store. Then we'd all meet at the burrito shop for dinner.

As Biscuit and I stepped out of our store, Biscuit stopped dead still and started looking around.

"What are you doing?" I asked him.

"I heard a guitar, Mom," Biscuit said.

I listened, too, and then we heard a band crank up.

"Come on, Mom" Biscuit said, and he started walking toward the music.

"Hang on!" I told him. "We're supposed to be meeting Dad for dinner."

"Call him," Biscuit said.

At that moment, Jeff called me. I told him Biscuit was on his way toward the live music by the fountain, and because Jeff knows how Biscuit responds to live music, he said, "I'll meet y'all there."

The music was just a so-so band playing cover tunes, but I asked Jeff, "Why do even mediocre cover bands sound good live?"

We listened for about 20 minutes, during which time Biscuit ran and ran and ran and ran and ran.

He raced with Monty, his imaginary brother. Then as he walked on the wall around the fountain, he pretended to surf. It wore me out just watching him!

I enjoyed sitting out there because I could finally, FINALLY! feel fall in the air. I'm tired of sweating.

I am not a Southern belle who glistens. I SWEAT! And I'm tired of it. So tonight was really nice.

Here are a couple of videos of Biscuit playing there.




No comments: