Monday, September 24, 2012

Out of Pull-Ups

A couple of months ago, we were running low on Pull-Ups, and I was wondering if we needed to buy any more.

Biscuit has been potty-trained since last November, but as a precaution, we had been putting him in Pull-Ups overnight. Then when I realized we were running out, I thought, "Does he still need to be wearing these?"

Jeff gets Biscuit ready in the morning, so I asked him, "When was the last time Biscuit had a wet Pull-Up in the morning?"

"I don't remember the last time," Jeff said. "I know it hasn't happened since we opened this current pack of Pull-Ups. And there are what, 50 per box?"

"I wonder if he'd be okay with not wearing them anymore?" I asked.

"Let's ask him," Jeff said.

So we called him into our bedroom, and I said, "Dad and I were wondering if you'd like to wear underwear under your jammies instead of Pull-Ups. That would mean that you would pee before you went to bed, then you wouldn't pee again until you get up in the morning. What do you think?"

"Um, that would be fine," Biscuit said. 

And that was that. That night, after his bath, we put him in underwear, then in jammies.

That first night, Biscuit played for a little while after we got him dressed, and it was easy to see that he noticed a difference in how his pajama pants fit. But it didn't take him long to get used to it.

I made sure to tell Biscuit that if he had an accident, it wasn't a big deal. I told him all we'd do was change his jammies and sheets, and he could go right back to bed. He didn't seem at all worried about it.

He's doing great so far, and fingers crossed, he'll keep his streak going.

No comments: