Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Out of the mouth of my babe

A few things Biscuit has been saying recently:


Where did they go? Biscuit is spoiled by his kid TV channel and PBS. They don't air commercials, so when he was watching a movie on a regular channel, he panicked every time a commerical came on. 

"Is it over, Mom? Are Buzz and Woody gone?" he asked.

"No, baby," I assured him. "They'll be back right after these commercials are over."


Regrets? Biscuit did something the other day that Jeff wasn't too pleased with. I never even asked what the offense was, but I did have to tell Jeff later to be more careful about his word choice.

Biscuit came into our bedroom and said to me, "Mom, I did something bad, and Dad was mad. And I said I was really sorry about that, but Dad said don't be sorry, just don't do it again. So I'm not gonna be sorry, Mom. I'm NOT sorry for what I did. But I won't do it again."

I told Jeff how his words had been twisted, and he said, "Well, that's exactly what I said, but it's just not exactly what I meant."


A really good shower: When I was gone to my aunt's funeral last week, Jeff asked Biscuit if he'd rather have a bath that night or a shower with him the next morning. As predicted, Biscuit chose the morning shower. I think he secretly hopes that we'll forget to bathe him, but that ain't gonna happen!

Anyway, as Jeff and Biscuit stepped out of the shower, Biscuit stretched his arms out and said, "Dad, I feel like a new man."

A new man? Really?


Tea or not to tea: There's a restaurant Biscuit and I love to go to. It's a little pricier than our usual haunts, so we don't go that often. I have to remind Biscuit before we go in that he has to order water to drink. Most places serve a drink as part of their kid's meals, but they don't even have a kid's menu at this place. Biscuit and I split an adult entree there.

For kid drink choices, the only juices they serve are pineapple juice and cranberry juice, and Biscuit doesn't like either of those. We let him order chocolate milk at some places, so we tried that once (and only once) at this nicer place. The bartender had to mix it up, and it cost $3 for a small foam cup.

One time Biscuit asked me if he could order sweet tea, but I've had sweet tea at this restaurant before and knew he wouldn't like because it has a fruity flavor to it. Biscuit and I are both sweet tea purists -- no fruit added.

So last week, when Biscuit and I went on a date to this restaurant, the server came over to take our drink order.

"What can I get you to drink?" he asked.

"Um, we have to drink water here because the tea tastes funny," Biscuit said.

Note to self: Explain to Biscuit that some things should stay just between him and me!

No comments: