Sunday, September 23, 2012

Fun at the fair

One of my friends won four armbands for free admission and rides at the fair and invited us to go with her and her husband Saturday evening. I can take or leave fair rides, so we put a bracelet on Jeff and one on Biscuit, and they were ready to ride.

We started with a walk through the prize-winning chickens and rabbits. One chicken laid an egg as Biscuit and I were walking by. He looked at me, and I looked at him, and I'll bet our faces both registered the same amount of surprise. We also saw a rabbit that weighs half as much as Biscuit does. Of course, seeing as Biscuit only weighs 31 pounds, that's not saying too much!

Our friends don't have any kids yet, so we tried to share Biscuit with them. They took him on a couple of rides, and Biscuit got all excited to watch them go on the swings. "Look how high up they're going, Mom!"

We seemed to have impeccable timing, too. We got to the venue and got a parking spot right in front of the entrance. There were only a few rides we had to stand in line for. We walked right up to the food vendor. Then as we got in the car to leave, it started to rain ... and it rained all the way home.

Thank you to our friends who invited us. We had a good time.


YAY! Biscuit is finally tall enough for rides!


Biscuit takes a break from walking by sitting on Dad's shoulders.

Jeff said Biscuit wanted to steer ... until he hit somebody. Then he let go of the wheel. "I didn't
like that ride, Mom," Biscuit said. "It hurt my neck when those people would run into us."

Biscuit won a little nerf gun at this shooting game. I had to follow through
on my threat of "if you shoot any person with it, I'm taking it away." He shot me
in the rear end this evening. He MIGHT get his gun back tomorrow.

Biscuit rides the train. He's in the second car.

Biscuit and Jeff ride the dragon roller coaster.

Having all that fun makes Biscuit thirsty.

Biscuit took a ride on Geronimo.

Biscuit feeds a llama.

That chicken laid that egg as Biscuit and I were standing right beside him.

That rabbit weighs half of what Biscuit weighs.

Biscuit always loves the slide.


Biscuit looks a little too confident on that motorcycle. He better slow down!

Biscuit wasn't tall enough to go on the big-people scrambler, but we found one that was his size.

The merry-go-round is always a big hit.

A nice night at the fair.

No comments: