Saturday, September 22, 2012

Out of the mouth of my babe

A few things Biscuit has been saying recently:


Tour guide: "Dad, WELCOME TO THE SOUTHWEST!" Biscuit yelled with his arms raised above his head, while wearing a cowboy hat and boots. "It costs $5 to get into the Southwest."

Biscuit handed Jeff the set of coasters from the coffee table, and Jeff counted out five coasters and handed them to Biscuit.

"Thanks for the $5," Biscuit said. He raised his arms again and said, "Have a good time!"


More firefighters: Biscuit laid down on the carpet in the living room and started moving his arms and legs like he was making a snow angel.

"If you lay down and do this in the snow, you'll make a firefighter," Biscuit said.


A nice thing: Jeff was helping Biscuit wash his hands, and for some reason, Biscuit seemed unusually grateful.

"Thanks, Dad," Biscuit said. "It's always glad you're here to help me."



Bad move on my part: I was checking the weather one day last week, and since I have shortcuts to my parents' town and Jeff's parents' town, I told him what the weather was like in each place.

I said to Jeff, "It's 72 degrees and raining at Mama's house."

To which Biscuit replied, "WHAT?!? I can't believe it! I just can't believe it!" 

Then I made my mistake. I laughed at Biscuit's dramatic response.

"Mom, 'I can't believe it' is not funny. So when you laugh at me, that's cheating."

No comments: