Tuesday, July 5, 2011

@#$% swingset

It's taken me a few days to figure out how to write this post without using all swear words!

We wanted to get some sort of swingset for Biscuit, but we couldn't decide what to do. My brother built one for his kids, but he put a lot more money into it than we wanted to spend right now. Plus, he lives 2 1/2 hours away and has a demanding job, so we weren't sure when he might be able to get here and built it for us.

I shopped around town and online for prices and styles. I found a few that I really liked, but it always came down to the money. The ones we loved were too expensive. The ones we could afford were cheaply made.

Finally, I told Jeff, "The metal swingset my brother and I had when we were kids is still standing at Mama and Daddy's house. The swings and slide are gone, but Mama
uses the A-frame as a hanging flower pot stand."

So we decided that's the way we'd go.

Here's the picture from the website:
















Here's what we saw when we opened up the box:
















And within 10 minutes, the swingset had d
rawn first blood.


No comments: