Thursday, July 14, 2011

At the car wash

As I was leavin work this evening and walking to my car in the parking lot, I noticed that the bottom part of the car was terribly dirty. We had a good bit of rain while we were in the mountains, and I had a line of dirt and mud along the bottom of my car. We usually wash our cars at home, but as hot as it's been here, I decided that I would splurge and make someone else do it.

Biscuit and I drove up to the car wash place, and as I rolled down my window, the
machinery that pulls your car through was making quite a fuss. I was trying to tell the girl that I just wanted a basic exterior wash, but I was distracted by Biscuit, who had decided that he wanted no part of that loud noise.

"BACK UP, MOM! I DON'T WANT TO GO IN THERE!" he yelled from the back seat.


I tried to reassure him and explain the car wash, but he didn't want to hear it.


"TOO LOUD, MOM! TOO LOUD! IT'S GOING TO GET US!" he yelled.


I rolled up my window, put the car in neutral and we started getting pulled through.


"Ohhhhhhhh!" Biscuit yelled. But then when he saw what was happening, he calmed
down.

When we got to the end of the wash, the car rolled off the tracks, and you feel a
bit of a jerk. I was putting the car in drive when Biscuit yelled, "LET'S GET OUT OF HERE!"

We pulled up to the drying area. "He has towel, Mom. What he doing?"


Biscuit is constantly asking questions. And quite frankly, sometimes my first
response is frustration at having to explain every little thing. But I try to remind myself that every time I explain something to him, he's learning. So I start explaining.

"He dry my window, Mom," Biscuit said. "Now he dry your window, Mom. ... Now he dry
that window. ... Now he dry that window. ... Now he dry the car. ... He done now, Mom?"

"Yep. He's done now," I told him. Then we brought our shiny clean car home.

No comments: