Tuesday, April 12, 2011

What's that?

Biscuit and I were playing a game we created called "What's That?"

Well, it's not really a game. And we don't really call it that. But it was fun.

I would point at something near the kitchen table and say, "What's that?" and Biscuit would answer. Then Biscuit would point at something and ask me what it was, and I would answer him. The best part is that we started naming the objects in weird voices and giggling like idiots. It was completely one of those moments when you hope there's nobody peeking in your windows, else the padded wagon might pull into your yard and haul you away to the looney bin.

So when my turn came around again, I pointed at the red runner-type rug in the hallway and said, "What's that?"

"That a red path, Mom," Biscuit said.

"A red path?" I asked.

"Yeah. A red path to walk on," he said. And you know what? It does look like a red path to walk on.

That boy's logic continues to amaze me and crack me up at the same time.

No comments: