Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Family

We went to my nephew's 7th birthday party this past weekend. It's about a 2 1/2-hour drive, so sometimes we need to create games or songs to keep Biscuit occupied during the trip.

And let me interrupt my story to say that there is never a time I feel like more of a family than when the three of us are in a car together. There's something about being in such close quarters, and we're all traveling together. It's just a great feeling to be with my two favorite boys.

Anyway, we were about halfway there, and Biscuit said, "Mom, I want go my house."

I said, "We're going to Grandmama's house."

"We see Ganmama?" he asked.

"Yeah. We'll see Grandmama and Papa. Who else do you think we'll see?" I asked him.

He started naming over my brother, sister-in-law and nieces and nephew.

Then he said, "Cool, Mom! We see ALL my peoples."

"Yep," I said. "We're going to see all your people."

No comments: