Monday, April 18, 2011

A lucky shot

I had the brilliant idea of taking Biscuit to the park for Easter photos. I thought it would be a nice surprise for Biscuit's grandmothers. Little did I know.

Jeff went to pick Biscuit up at day care while I ran home and rounded up some khaki pants, a spring-colored plaid shirt and dressier shoes and Biscuit's Easter basket, stuffed bunny and some plastic eggs. I grabbed the camera bag and headed to a pretty garden we have here in town.

Biscuit was wearing pajamas (see previous post) because it was PJ Day at day care, so I had to do a quick costume change with him before I started taking pictures. And that's when the fun started. He didn't want to take off his spider shoes (Spiderman). He didn't want to take off his car pants. He said his pants were too big. I wanted to layer a white T-shirt under the plaid shirt, but he didn't want two shirts.

Then it got even better. There were dogs, other kids, a woman on roller-blades, a creek, lots of brightly colored flowers, and they were all more interesting to look at than my camera lens. Plus, he didn't want to smile. He didn't want to stand still. He didn't want to do anything that would've ensured a nice photo.

My camera has a rapid-fire function where if I hold down the shutter release, it will take three photos per second. So when I got Biscuit into even a remotely photograph-able position, I just held down that button. I took 128 pictures that evening, and you know how many good photos I got out of that 128? Seven. SEVEN!

Anyway, here are a few of the good shots I got.


































No comments: