Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Fashion forward Biscuit

You know how they have those fashion police shows where they critique all the awards show dresses? Well, let's take a look at Mr. Biscuit's outfit from today.

Biscuit is wearing a fabulous off-the-rack outfit in various shades of blue. We found it at a spring fashion event this year.

Okay, okay ... the fashion event was a church consignment sale, and the outfit was first worn by some other little boy last year, but even so, it's still fabulous!


When we got him dressed this morning, Biscuit told us that he was wearing "square beach pants."

Square beach pants, you ask? Yes. All shorts are beach pants. All plaids are squares. Therefore, square beach pants.

Then we move to the stuff all over his shirt. It doesn't show up well in this photo, but trust me when I say that his shirt is covered in smudges and smears.

"What's all over your shirt, Biscuit?" I asked.

"That snacks, Mom," he said. Well of course it is.

Then we can head down to his poor little bruised shins and boo-booed knee. His shorts are too long to see his knee, but Biscuit got his first Band-Aid-worthy knee scrape this past weekend. He was playing with my nephew (who is 5 years older) and thought he could do everything
his cousin could do. Not quite. And he found that out the hard way.

As for the bruises, I think h
e might have inherited my bruise-ability. All the pictures of me as a kid during the summer show pale legs with brown and purple splotches. I was hoping that would be one trait Biscuit wouldn't get from me.

And lastly, the shoes. These beat-up, falling-apart, light-up Spider-Man shoes were a hand-me-down from Biscuit's cousin. Can you see the strap that has separated itself from its fastener?

I decided that they needed to go into hiding. Biscuit asked about them a couple of times, but it didn't seem to be a huge deal that they were gone.


And then, I made the mistake of taking him with me down the shoe aisle. And guess what he saw? Brand-new, super shiny, light-up Spider-Man shoes. "I haf them, Mom? I haf them?" he pleaded.

"Let's try them on," I told him.


Unfortunately, they had his size, and I had to buy them (see them in the top picture?). Have I mentioned that I hate shiny, light-up, character-ridden shoes? As I've said before, Biscuit loves them more than I hate them.

So if I had to give him a grade on his overall appearance, I'd have to give him an A+. But I think I'm a little biased.

No comments: