Monday, April 18, 2011

Out of the mouth of my babe

A few fun things Biscuit is saying right now:

Assident: I almost tripped over Biscuit the other day because I didn't know he was standing behind me. "I'm sorry, Biscuit," I said. "That's okay, Mom. It was a assident."

Assanaut: Biscuit had on a new pair of pajamas. I'm not sure how he knew who the character was, but he looked down and said, "COO-UHL! That Buzz. Buzz a assanot in outer space." First, how does he know who Buzz Lightyear is when he hasn't seen "Toy Story," and secondly how does he know about astronauts in outer space? We're hearing him say more and more things that cause us to look at each other and say, "Where the heck did he hear that?!?"

Um, let's see: If you ask Biscuit a question, no matter if he knows the answer or not, he'll twist his little mouth up and say, "Um, let's see," before he answers.

Nice to meet you: I'm not sure if they've been learning new manners at day care or what, but Biscuit walked up to me this morning and said, "Hey, Mama." I said hey back, then he said, "It's nice to meet you." It caught me off guard because like I said before, I have no idea where this came from. So I said, "It's nice to meet you, too." And he smiled and walked away.

Smider-Man: Josh's hand-me-down light-up Spider-Man shoes finally gave up the ghost, and I can't say I was too sad about it. But Biscuit kept asking for them. I knew they had a new crop of those same shoes at the store we usually go to, so I decided I would push our buggy down the shoe aisle and see if he noticed them. He did. As soon as we got to where they were, he said, "Mom, Mom. Smider-Man shoes. Smider-Man shoes." He used to called them "pider" shoes, so I'm not sure when Smider-Man started.

So I bought him a new pair of shoes, and he was more than a little excited. But I wanted to tell him how to say the name of the character on his shoes. So I said, "Sp- Sp- Spider-Man," and he said, "Sm- Sm- Smider-Man." I didn't push it. He'll get it someday. And then, out of nowhere, he said, "C- C- Mickenus." What?!? I guess he thought he was doing the same thing I was doing. He's a funny little man.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Ha, Ella does the "Let's see" thing too -- cracks me up!