Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Where does he get this stuff?

Sometimes I wish I had some type of recorder glued to my hand at all times.

Right now, Biscuit is sitting in the new chair he got for his birthday, naming all the facial features on one of his little plastic horses. "Eyes, eahs, mouth, nose, eahs, teeth, eyes, eahs ..." He seems to be stuck on the ears.

We were eating breakfast the other morning, and Biscuit announced that he had dinosaurs on his pajamas.

"Mom, dine-sauhs on jammies," Biscuit said.

"Shahp teeth, Dad."

Then he pointed to one of them and said, "T-Rex. That one."

T-Rex? Really? Where the heck did he learn that?!?

We went to celebrate Biscuit's birthday with his grandparents in S.C. over the weekend. Biscuit was watching TV and the satellite blinked out for a minute.

Grandmama came in and said, "Uh-oh. Did the TV go out?"

Biscuit looked at her, turned his hands up toward the ceiling and said, "Looks like it."

Again I ask, where the heck does this stuff come from?!?

------------------------------

I posted this, but now I have to add a P.S.

Biscuit followed me into the kitchen and watched as I emptied the dishwasher. There were some crackers in a zip-top bag on the counter, so he said, "Cacka, Mom?" I love the way he says "cracker."

I knew he would want a cracker for each hand, but he had his pacifier in one hand (no, we still aren't rid of that thing yet!). I opened the bag and held it down for him. He grabbed one cracker, then he started looking back and forth at his pacifier and the crackers. I could see the wheels turning in his little head, trying to figure out how he was going to get another cracker without getting rid of his pacifier.

So he threw his pacifier in the floor and grabbed another cracker. Then he squatted down, still with a cracker in each hand and squeezed his pacifier between the side of his fists. He stood up and walked with it that way all the way from the kitchen to the living room, where he put it down on the coffee table.

Two hands, two crackers and one pacifier ... all within his reach.

No comments: