Sunday, September 26, 2010

They're all Josh

We went to a block party in our neighborhood, and I was a little worried because all the kids are a good bit older than Biscuit.

My worries were for naught. There were four boys between 8 and 13 who just couldn't get enough of Biscuit.

True, they did treat him at times more like a little pet than a little boy. They would pat him on the head and make a big fuss when they told him to sit down beside them and he did. But that's okay; they all seemed to have a good time.

All the boys had scooters. One of them lowered the handlebar as far as it would go, and let Biscuit play with it. Biscuit stood with his feet straddling the scooter platform and pushed it using the handlebars. I honestly think that Biscuit thought he was riding his scooter just like the bigger boys were.

I kept a close eye on Biscuit, not because I thought the boys wouldn't take care of him, but more because I think Biscuit thought he was just as big as them and could do everything they were doing, including tricks on the scooters.

I had to laugh, though, when one of the little boys came over to his mom and said, "Mom, he keeps calling me Josh."

I told the boy that he and Biscuit's cousin Josh were about the same size and had the same dark hair and haircut.

"But he's calling ALL of us, Josh," the boy said.

"Oh," I said. "Well, I guess that's better than him saying, 'Hey, you.'"

No comments: