Wednesday, September 22, 2010

I.P. Daily

We haven't started potty training yet, but we're starting to talk about it.

I've read a few articles online, and I've been talking to some other mamas about how they went about getting started.

One article that I read suggested to let the child to watch someone of the same sex use the bathroom. That way, they can see exactly what happens.

So I asked Jeff if he would mind taking Biscuit with him when he went. He said he was fine with that.

The next day, Jeff and Biscuit headed into the bathroom. Jeff explained that he was going to pee-pee, and Griffin repeated the word "pee-pee."

I was sitting at the kitchen table, which is right outside the half-bath, and of course, Jeff didn't bother to close the door.

I heard Jeff continuing to explain to Biscuit what was happening, then all of a sudden, I heard, "Don't touch it! Don't touch it!"

I lost it. I started laughing so hard I was almost falling out of my chair.

As Jeff and Biscuit walked back into the kitchen, Jeff asked, "What's wrong with you? What's so funny?"

"What was going on in there?" I asked. "I heard you say, 'Don't touch it! Don't touch it!'"

"What's funny about that?" Jeff asked. "Biscuit was reaching down to touch the water in the toilet, and I was telling him not to do it."

Needless to say, the water in the toilet bowl wasn't my first thought about what he was touching.

No comments: