Thursday, September 23, 2010

There's a parrot in the kitchen

I was trying to fuss at Jeff this morning. I won't go into the details, but it was something I felt strongly about, so the tone of my voice was serious.

Biscuit was still eating his breakfast, so he was sitting at the kitchen table. Since he was watching and listening, I wanted to make my point to Jeff without raising my voice or saying anything that would upset Biscuit.

"That's how I feel about it. Period." I said to Jeff.

Suddenly this little voice said, "Pewiod, Dada."

We looked at Biscuit, and he had a big grin on his face. Then I went back to making my point.

"It makes me worry, worry, worry," I said to Jeff.

"Wuwwy, Dada," Biscuit said.

That was it. Jeff and I both started laughing. No more discussion.

I told Jeff that we could finish talking later when I could go back to being mad at him.

"Hey, the boy was on your side. He was helping drive home your point," Jeff said.

So I'm thinking that next time there's a topic that needs to be discussed, I'm making sure Biscuit is in the room.

No comments: